Saturday, November 20, 2010

God Give Me. . . (Dear God 3)

Dear God,

Give me the strength to be what you need me to be.  Empower me beyond what I know is possible.  Grant me the words to speak, the letters to write, and the wisdom to do it in truth.  Help me to become what you want me to be.  Give me Jesus.  Make me like Jesus.  Help me to love, share, care, and serve like Jesus.  God help my friends to do the same.  Help me to influence those around me to become genuine, by making me genuine.  Give me the ability to live like Christians are supposed to.  Bless me with an ability to love beyond what I am capable of.  Genuineness  is what I need God.  Nothing I ever do will matter, not I ever do will stick, and nothing I ever do will sink if if I lack this trait.  Help me to live out every action of my life for you with integrity, without judging, without preference and without prejudice.  Give me a heart that only you can bestow.  Create in me a person that I could never hope to create myself.  Make me you, God.  Make me Jesus.  Here I am, Lord, prepare me, feed me, build me, strengthen me, impassion me, use me, send me.  Father, I need you, before I can ever truly be me.

Your son,
Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment