Sunday, June 13, 2010

Church Today

So today is Sunday.  That means that it was church day.  I'd have to say, I am a pretty big fan of my church back home.  We have a pretty amazing pastor.  We have been going through a series on the family.  Today, was anger with one another.  He talked about how outward expression of anger should be dealt with through a process.  He actually had a diagram of a start with each point being of significance.  The five points from start to finish are : Affirmation of the person, Importance of the relationship, The stress their action is causing, Your requested action, and Reaffirmation of the person.

I personally thought this was an interesting concept on how to deal with anger.  Not only does this method truly show the person that you are angry, it also shows that you are maturely trying to deal with it and you genuinely care about it.  I know that there have been times in my life where I was really angry with people that are very close to me.  It is very easy to just become bitter, or let the issue stew.  This is not really a healthy approach.   Thankfully, I do not become truly angry very often.  I am generally a passive person and will let things slide and ignore them unless real action is necessary.

Occasionally something will really upset me and I will have to deal with it.  I want to try and keep this model in mind and see how it works with people that are close to me.  It makes sense to me.  Generally when I am mad at someone I am looking for a resolution, not a fight.  This "Star" method seems to be able to provide a perfect solution.  Do not downcast the person, instead affirm them and tell them whats wrong.  Sounds great to me.

Your friend, brother, and companion in Christ,
-Zachary Haas

No comments:

Post a Comment